Wednesday 10 April 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1957 ?
- Steven Gustafson: American musician (10,000 Maniacs).
- John M Ford: American science fiction author and poet (d. 2006).
- Aliko Dangote: Nigerian businessman founded Dangote Group.
- John Ford: American author and poet (d. 2006).
- Steve Gustafson: Spanish-American bass player (10 000 Maniacs).
- Rosemary Hill: English historian and author
- Jordanian government of Naboelsi resigns.
- Suez Canal re-opens for all traffic.
- The Suez Canal is reopened for all shipping after being closed for three months.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?