Thursday 10 April 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Griffy and Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds in Indianapolis.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
The Long, Hot Summer, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1958 ?
- Ken Griffy: Baseball player (Cin Reds, New York Yanks).
- Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; singer/producer/songwriter (Boyz II Men, Bobby Brown).
- Kenneth Edmonds: American music producer.
- Bob Bell: British engineer.
- Yefim Bronfman: Uzbek-American pianist.
- Brigitte Holzapfel: German high jumper
- Northern strip of Spanish Sahara ceded to Morocco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Breathless
- Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra - Sail Along Silvery Moon
- Andy Williams - Are You Sincere
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?