Wednesday 10 April 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claire Smith in Ottawa and Kirk Lowdermilk.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to He's So Fine by The Chiffons.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Bye Bye Birdie, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meine Frau Susanne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1963!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1963 ?
- Claire Smith in Ottawa: Ontario, Canada; equestrian three day event (Olympics-1996).
- Kirk Lowdermilk: NFL center (Indianapolis Colts).
- Marvin Freeman in Chicago: Illinois, USA; pitcher (Colorado Rockies).
- Mike Devereaux in Casper: Wyoming, USA; outfielder (Baltimore Orioles).
- Warren DeMartini heavy metal rocker (Dokken - "Alone Again": Ratt).
- Rosanna Banfi: Italian film, television and stage actress. She is the daughter of Italian actor Lino Banfi.
- Reginald Shepherd: American poet, African-American and gay.
- Warren DeMartini: American guitarist and songwriter (Ratt)
- Jeff Gray: American baseball player and coach
- Doris Leuthard: Swiss lawyer and politician 162nd President of the Swiss Confederation
- Thresher, US atomic-powered submarine, sinks 220 miles east of Boston
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- American atomic-powered submarine Thresher sinks 220 miles east of Boston, Massachusetts.
- 129 people die when the submarine USS Thresher sinks at sea.
- Martin Luther King, Jr., Ralph Abernathy, Fred Shuttlesworth and others are arrested in a Birmingham, Alabama protest for ampquotparading without a permitampquot.
- The Soviet nuclear powered submarine ''K-33'' collides with the Finnish merchant vessel M/S ''Finnclipper'' in the Danish Straits. Although severely damaged, both vessels make it to port.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- The Orlons - South Street
- Skeeter Davis - The End Of The World
- Jackie Wilson - Baby Workout
- Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Paul & Paula - Young Lovers
- Dee Dee Sharp - Do The Bird
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?