Tuesday 10 April 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rachel Corrie and Elliott Hulse.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to What A Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Highcliffe Manor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sheriff or Warrior.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1979 ?
- Rachel Corrie: American activist killed in a demonstration in Palestine when an Israeli military bulldozer struck her on March 16, 2003.
- Elliott Hulse: YouTube Star.
- Sophie Ellis-Bextor: English singer.
- Iván Alonso: Uruguayan footballer.
- Kenyon Coleman: American football player.
- Shemekia Copeland: American singer
- Tsuyoshi Domoto: Japanese singer-songwriter and actor (KinKi Kids J-Friends and Toraji Haiji)
- Peter Kopteff: Finnish footballer
- Nino Rota: Italian musician and film composer, winning the co-composer Oscar with Carmine Coppola for the musical score of "The Godfather II," 1974.
- J R Richard throws major league record six wild pitches in Astrodome.
- Soyuz 33 launched with a Russian and a Bulgarian.
- Red River Valley Tornado Outbreak: A tornado lands in Wichita Falls, Texas killing 42 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?