Tuesday 10 April 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Matter by Akon.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Fracture, directed by Gregory Hoblit, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 10 April 2007 ?
- Princess Ariane: of the Netherlands.
- Ariane : Dutch princess, the third and youngest daughter of King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima.
- Dakota Staton: American jazz singer (d. 2007).
- A Somali committee estimates the death toll of recent fighting between Ethiopian and Somali Government forces and insurgents in Mogadishu at more than 1,000. (Reuters Alertnet)
- The United States authorises $59 million worth of aid for the Palestinian Authority. (CNN)
- Sudan claims that an attack from Chad on its territory led to the loss of 17 Sudanese soldiers. Chad denies the allegations but claims that it repulsed an attack from Sudan. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Iraq War: United States military begins construction of a wall around the Sunni district of Baghdad (Guardian)
- Seven French doctors will face charges related to the deaths of 110 patients who developed Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease after taking growth hormones in the 1980s. (AFP via News Limited)
- India's largest private airline, Jet Airways, has restarted talks to purchase Air Sahara. (Forbes)
- Serbia's war crimes court has jailed four Serb paramilitaries who were filmed as they shot dead six captured young Bosnian Muslims. (BBC)
- Ethiopia acknowledges that it has detained 41 suspected international terrorists from 17 countries and claims that foreign investigators were given permission to interrogate them. (AP via International Herald Tribune)
- Two suspected militants die in a security operation in Casablanca, Morocco. (BBC)
- At least 17 people die in Sri Lanka as a bus collides with a truck 80 km south of Colombo. (BBC)
- The government of Japan extends economic sanctions against the North Korean government by an additional six months, citing a lack of progress in resolving kidnapping cases of Japanese citizens. (Bloomberg)
- Australian Prime Minister John Howard announces that 300 soldiers from the Australian Special Air Service Regiment will be sent to Orūzgān Province, Afghanistan to combat the Taliban. (ABC News Australia)
- Johnny Cash's Nashville Home destroyed by a fire. (SFGate.com)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Diddy - Last Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?