Sunday 10 April 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 10 April 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 April
- United Nations and French forces open fire on the residence of the President of Côte d'Ivoire Laurent Gbagbo in response to recent attacks. (AP via ''Times Union'')
- 2011 Syrian protests
- Eyewitnesses claim that Syrian security forces killed four protesters in the coastal city of Banias. (AP via ''Forbes'')
- Eyewitnesses report that Daraa where dozens of protesters were shot on Friday is 80 per cent paralysed. (Al-Jazeera)
- An African Union mission arrives in Libya to negotiate a settlement in the 2011 Libyan civil war between Muammar Gaddafi and his opponents. (BBC)
- U2's 360° Tour becomes the highest grossing music tour of all time following a show in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (NME via Bigpond Music)
- The People's Republic of China records its first trade deficit in six years with rising commodity prices blamed. (AP via CBS Moneywatch)
- Wildfires in the US state of Texas destroy more than 230,000 acres of land, including about 20 homes in the small town of Fort Davis. (Reuters)
- Beijing police arrest at least a dozen members of a Christian house church for attempting to hold a church service in public after they are evicted from their usual place of worship. (AP via ''Star Tribune'')
- A British Royal Navy sailor is charged with murdering an officer and attempted murder of three crew members aboard a nuclear submarine HMS Astute on Friday night in Southampton. (AFP via ABC News)
- Peruvians vote in presidential elections with the most likely result a runoff between Ollanta Humala and either Pedro Pablo Kuczynski or Keiko Fujimori. (BBC)
- The governing Democratic Party of Japan loses 70 seats in local government elections due to concerns over handling of the Fukushima I nuclear accidents. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing wins the 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix. (News Limited)
- South African golfer Charl Schwartzel wins the United States 2011 Masters Tournament. (CBS Sports)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?