Friday 10 August 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
A Farmer's Imitation of Ching Ling Foo, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1900 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Jean Mantelet: French entrepreneur, a manufacturer of kitchen and household appliances.
- Rene Crevel: France Writer.
- Henri Ey: French psychiatrist, psychoanalyst and philosopher.
- Arthur Porritt: Baron Porritt New Zealand physician and politician 11th Governor-General of New Zealand (d. 1994).
- Norma Shearer: Canadian-American actress, the recipient of a Best Actress Oscar for her role in "The Divorcee.
- René Crevel: French writer, a dada playwright, openly gay. He was the founder of several short-lived literary magazines during his turbulent life. His poetry was obsessed with death (his dad was a suicide) and fear of castration (as he vividly remembered his circumcision at age three).
- 1st Davis Cup: USA beats British Isles in Boston (3-0)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ma Tiger Lily - Arthur Collins
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?