Sunday 10 August 1902
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Curt Siodmak and Norma Shearer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1902.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1902!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1902 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Curt Siodmak: German-American author and screenwriter of such 40's and 50's sci-fi classics as "The Wolf Man" and "I Walked With a Zombie.
- Norma Shearer: Canadian-American actress and singer (d. 1983).
- Arne Tiselius: Swedish biochemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1971).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1902 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Daybreak at Calamity Farm - Len Spencer
- Blaze Away - Fred Van Eps
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1902?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?