Thursday 10 August 1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Benjamin Gillis and Richard F Kahn.
Ensalada criolla, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1905!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1905 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Bernard Benjamin Gillis: British judge.
- Richard F Kahn: Baron of Hampstead / British economist.
- Era Bell Thompson: American journalist (d. 1986).
- Era Thompson: American journalist and author (d. 1986).
- Kinjikitile "Bokero" Ngwale: E African prophet / rebel leader, hanged.
- Russo-Japanese War: peace negotiations begin in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1905
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?