Tuesday 10 August 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1909 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Leo Fender: American businessman founded Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (d. 1991).
- Thyrza Escobar-Jones: American astrologer and author of "Essentials of Natal Interpretation," "Side-Lights of Astrology" and "144 Doors of the Zodiac.
- Brian Easdale: Composer.
- Claude Thornhill: Composer.
- Frank Bowden: Industrialist / landowner.
- George W Crockett Jr: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1980- )
- Julio A Abraham: President (Democratic Party Bonaire)
- Mohammed V ibn Yusuf: King of Morocco (1953, 1955-61)
- Emile Cantarel: Flers de l'Orne Military man
- Algemeene Netherlands Toonkunstenars Ver (ANTV) begins
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?