Thursday 10 August 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1911 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Stanley Gillen: American auto industry executive, director of Ford of Europe from 1967.
- Leonidas Andrianopoulos: Greek footballer (d. 2011).
- A Sherwin-White: English historian and author (d. 1993).
- Jacques Fasquelle: St Val?ry en Caux physician.
- A N Sherwin-White: English historian (d. 1993).
- Antoine Schlindwein: France sport Champion
- Carl Christian Lumbye: Composer, dies at 70.
- Parliament Act reduces power of House of Lords.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Life's a Funny Proposition, After All - George M. Cohan
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Marguerite Dunlap
- Love is Like a Red, Red Rose - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?