Saturday 10 August 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Blind Man's Sacrifice, directed by Giuseppe de Liguoro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1912!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1912 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Herman Strategier: Dutch Organist / composer / conductor.
- Richard Reeves: NYC, New York -- Actor (Murph-Date With an Angel).
- Jorge Amado: Brazilian writer whose 32 books were translated into some 50 languages.
- Romain Maes: Belgian cyclist who won the 1935 Tour de France after wearing the yellow jersey of leadership from beginning to end.
- Makio Murayama: American biochemist.
- Ivo Samkalden: Dutch Labour politician, jurist, minister of justice and Mayor of Amsterdam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1912 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- A Stein Song - Reed Miller
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?