Monday 10 August 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Corey and Carlos Menditeguy.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1914 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Jeff Corey: NYC, New York -- Actor (Getting Straight, Superman & Mole Men).
- Carlos Menditeguy: Argentinian race car driver and polo player (d. 1973).
- Ray Smith: British actor (And Then You Die), dies at 55.
- At Luik, German 12 / 16.5 guns reach Belgian boundary
- German battle cruiser Goeben reaches Dardanellen / Turkey joins Germany
- German troops reconquer Mulhouse in Elzas
- Charles S. Hamlin begins tenure as first Federal Reserve Board chairman.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Puppchen - Prince's Orchestra
- Ave Maria - John McCormack
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?