Saturday 10 August 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Great Love, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1918 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Claude Raynaud: Felletin Cartoonists.
- Eugene Wilkinson: United States Naval officer, nicknamed "Dennis," who was selected for three historic command assignments.
- Erich Loewenhardt: German flying ace (Born 1897).
- Russian Revolution: The British commander in Archangel is told to help the White Russians.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody
- Smiles - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- If He Can Fight Like He Can Love (Good Night, Germany) - Farber Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?