Saturday 10 August 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Madame X, directed by Lionel Barrymore, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1929 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:10 August
- Pierre Fatou: French mathematician and astronomer (d. 1929).
- Grover Alexander beats Phils 7-1 for his 373rd and last NL win
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?