Thursday 10 August 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Morning Glory, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1933 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Doyle Brunson: American poker player who has played professionally for over 50 years.
- Alan Hardcastle: Chairman (Lloyds Regulatory Board).
- Bill Nieder: Shot putter, (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Butler-Sloss: British Lady Justice.
- Elizabeth Butler-Sloss: Baroness Butler-Sloss English lawyer and judge.
- Rocky Colavito: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Keith Duckworth: English mechanical engineer (Cosworth) (Born 1933)
- Lynn Cohen: Movie Actress
- Rocky Colavito in Bronx: New York, USA; baseball player (Hit four home runs in a game).
- Charles Albright: American serial killer in Dallas, Texas, known as “the eyeball killer” because his three alleged victims had their eyeballs removed.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?