Friday 10 August 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Treasure Island, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Tevfik Kış: Turkish wrestler and trainer.
- Richard Atcheson: American senior editor of the new "Lear's" magazine.
- Rani Nanjappa: Indian painter from Coorg state (later part of Mysore, now Karnataka).
- James Carl Tenney: Composer.
- John Kane: Scotish / US miner / painter, dies at 73.
- Babe Ruth announces this is his final season as full time player
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?