Friday 10 August 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Carl Tenney and Richard Atcheson.
Treasure Island, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1934!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- James Carl Tenney: Composer.
- Richard Atcheson: American senior editor of the new "Lear's" magazine.
- Rani Nanjappa: Indian painter from Coorg state (later part of Mysore, now Karnataka).
- Tevfik Kış: Turkish wrestler and trainer.
- John Kane: Scotish / US miner / painter, dies at 73.
- Babe Ruth announces this is his final season as full time player
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?