Monday 10 August 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Bambi, directed by James Algar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Betsy Johnson: fashion designer (1971 Winnie Award).
- Michael Pepper: English physicist and engineer.
- Bonnie Beeferman: American teacher of languages and English.
- Betsey Johnson: American fashion designer best known for her feminine and whimsical designs.
- Gen B Montgomery becomes Commandant British 8th leader in N Africa
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 August 1942 and get them!