Tuesday 10 August 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Veronica Bennett and Ronnie Spector [Veronica Bennett] in New York City.
Phantom of the Opera, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1943!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1943 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Veronica Bennett: Rocker.
- Ronnie Spector [Veronica Bennett] in New York City: New York, USA; singer ("Be My Baby").
- Louise Forestier: French-Canadian singer, songwriter and actress.
- Jimmy Griffin: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Bread Black Tie and The Remingtons) (d. 2005).
- Michael Mantler: American trumpet player and composer (Jazz Composer's Orchestra).
- Dutch submarine attacks Island Hertenbeest in NW Bali
- Gen Patton calls injured soldier cowardly
- Hitler watches lynching of allied pilots
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?