Thursday 10 August 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Gérard Imbar .
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1944 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Jean-Gérard Imbar: French writer, comic book writer and screenwriter.
- Berthold Schenk von Stauffenberg: Attempt Hitler assassination.
- Braves Red Barrett throws only 58 pitches to shut out Cin Reds 2-0
- US recaptures Guam from Japanese
- Race riots in Athens, Alabama, USA.
- World War II: American forces defeat the last Japanese troops on Guam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Time Waits For No One - Helen Forrest
- It Had To Be You - Betty Hutton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?