Sunday 10 August 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1958 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Mike Dokes: American boxer; world heavyweight champion 12/10/1982 after ten years professional boxing.
- Michael Dokes: American boxer (d. 2012).
- Jack Richards: English cricketer coach and manager.
- Rosie Winterton: English nurse and politician Shadow Leader of the House of Commons.
- Frank Demaree: American baseball player and manager (d. 1958).
- Mary Lena Faulk wins LPGA Macktown Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?