Monday 10 August 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Big Hunk O' Love by Elvis Presley.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Tingler, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1959!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1959 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Rosanna Arquette: American actress born into a theatrical family of three generations of close-knit, liberal actors.
- Rosanna Arquette in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Desperately Seeking Susan).
- Mark Price bass/vocals (All About Eve: Tin Huey - "Contents Dislodged").
- Albert Owen: Welsh sailor and politician.
- Mark Price: English drummer (All About Eve and Del Amitri).
- Florent Vollant: Innu-Canadian singer-songwriter (Kashtin)
- Gianluca Rinaldini: Italian tennis player with a brilliant talent and a promising career. He was paralyzed after a car crash and has been in a wheel chair since 9/28/1985. His son Mattia (5/31/1980, 9:40, Faenza) is a promising soccer player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Fabian - Tiger
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Dinah Washington - What A Diff'rence A Day Makes
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?