Thursday 10 August 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Briceno and Lori Tatum.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
Bonnie and Clyde, directed by Arthur Penn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching ¿Es usted el asesino?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1967 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Carlos Briceno: Fountain Valley, California -- Beach volleyball (1992, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Lori Tatum: LPGA golfer.
- Peter Murphy: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Philippe Albert: Belgian footballer and sportscaster.
- Riddick Bowe: American boxer.
- Gus Johnson: American sportscaster
- Lorraine Pearson: English singer and author (Five Star)
- Mart Sander: Estonian actor singer director and author
- Reinout Scholte: Dutch cricketer
- John Francis Larchet: Composer, dies at 83.
- Belgian mercenary Jean Schramme's troops take the Congolese border town of Bukavu.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Association - Windy
- The Hollies - Carrie Anne
- The Young Rascals - A Girl Like You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?