Saturday 10 August 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Andrievski and Jennifer Horton.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Hello, I Love You by The Doors.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1968 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Alex Andrievski: NHL forward (Team Belarus, Olympics - 1998).
- Jennifer Horton: Dover, New Jersey -- Team handball goalie (1992, 96 Olympics).
- Michel Doesburg: Soccer player (SC Heerenveen).
- Miroslav Mosner: Hockey defenseman (Team Slovakia 1998).
- Moe Gardner: NFL nose tackle (Atlanta Falcons).
- Rickey Smiley: Comedian
- Michael Bivins: Boston, Massachusetts -- Rock vocalist (New Edition, Bell Biv Devoe)
- Pete Docter: American voice actor director and screenwriter
- Greg Hawgood: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Race riot in Miami, Chicago and Little Rock
- Shirley Englehorn wins LPGA Concord Golf Open
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?