Tuesday 10 August 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Craig Newsome and Martin Quinney.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1971 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Craig Newsome: NFL defensive back (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Martin Quinney: Quesnel, British Columbia -- Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Glen Meadows-2nd).
- Mike Morreale: CFL slot back (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Mario Kindelan: Cuban boxer.
- Justin Theroux: American actor.
- Roy Keane: Soccer Player
- Sal Fasano: Chicago, Illinois -- Catcher (KC Royals)
- Stephan Groth: Danish singer-songwriter (Apoptygma Berzerk and Bruderschaft)
- Robby Maria: Austrian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Mario Kindelán: Cuban boxer
- Paul Newlove: English rugby player
- Kevin Randleman: American mixed martial artist and wrestler
- 16 baseball researchers form Society for American Baseball Research
- The Society for American Baseball Research is founded in Cooperstown, New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- Chicago - Beginnings
- What The World Needs Now Is Love/Abraham Martin And John (Medley) - Tom Clay
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?