Friday 10 August 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Bad Girls by Donna Summer.
In UK I Don't Like Mondays by The Boomtown Rats was in the top 5 hits.
Life of Brian, directed by Terry Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1979!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1979 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Rémy Martin: French rugby union footballer.
- June Shannon: Family Member.
- Joanna Garcia: American actress.
- Matthew Messing: American youth, an accidental death victim; a hockey player who suffered a severe blow to his chest during a hockey game and died 1/18/1995, 7:20 PM EST, Quincy, MA.
- Dinusha Fernando: Sri Lankan cricketer.
- Ted Geoghegan: American author screenwriter and producer
- Brandon Lyon: American baseball player
- Yannick Schroeder: French race car driver
- Ecuador adopts its constitution
- Michael Jackson releases his breakthrough album ''Off the Wall''. It sells 7 million copies in the United States alone, making it a 7x platinum album.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?