Tuesday 10 August 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1982 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Devon Aoki: American supermodel and actress.
- John Alvbåge: Swedish footballer.
- Josh Anderson: American baseball player.
- Katrina Begin: American actress.
- Nicole O'Brian: American model Miss Texas USA 2003.
- Shaun Murphy: English snooker player
- Anderson Bigode Herzer: Brazilian writer and poet (Born 1962).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Toto - Rosanna
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Wasted On The Way - Crosby, Stills & Nash
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 August 1982 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?