Friday 10 August 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr..
In UK Careless Whisper by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, directed by W.D. Richter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Lincoln by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1984!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1984 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Mokomichi Hayami: Japanese model and actor.
- Jigar Naik: English cricketer.
- Mariel Rodriguez: Filipino television host and actress.
- Ryan Eggold: TV Actor.
- Mary Decker trips on heel of Zola Budd during 3,000m Olympic run.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Jacksons - State Of Shock
- Tina Turner - What's Love Got To Do With It
- Elton John - Sad Songs (Say So Much)
- Lionel Richie - Stuck On You
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Dan Hartman - I Can Dream About You
- Rod Stewart - Infatuation
- Corey Hart - Sunglasses At Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?