Saturday 10 August 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Wannabe by The Spice Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Tin Cup, directed by Ron Shelton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while How to Kill a Monster by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1996!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1996 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Bob Dole picks Jack Kemp as his Republican VP running mate
- Dare and Go ends Cigars record tying victory streak at 16
- Parlisha Williams (Louisiana) crowned Ms Black USA Metroplex
- Yanks lose ending 3rd best home series victory streak at 24
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- R. Kelly - I Can't Sleep Baby (If I)
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Alanis Morissette - You Learn
- LL Cool J - Loungin'
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?