Tuesday 10 August 1999
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera.
In UK Better Off Alone by DJ Jurgen Presents Alice Deejay was in the top 5 hits.
The Sixth Sense, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Point of Origin by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1999!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1999 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Pandit Baldev Upadhyaya: Indian Sanskrit scholar (Born 1899).
- Buford O. Furrow, Jr. wounds five and kills one in the Los Angeles, California, Jewish Community Center.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
- Will Smith - Wild Wild West
- Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
- K-Ci & JoJo - Tell Me It's Real
- LFO - Summer Girls
- 702 - Where My Girls At?
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- The Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 August 1999 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?