Thursday 10 August 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up, directed by Anne Fletcher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Auto Assault or ARMA.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 10 August 2006 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 August
- Scotland Yard disrupts a major terrorist plot to destroy aircraft traveling from the United Kingdom to the United States.
- 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot:
- A terrorist plot to blow up planes in mid-flight from the UK to the US has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said. (News.com.au)
- Pakistan's intelligence service claims that its cooperation with British intelligence helped to uncover the plot. CNN reports that sources have informed it that it was recent arrests in Pakistan that convinced Britain to act quickly. (CNN)
- Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has activated the National Guard to help with security at Logan International Airport. (Associated Press via the Boston Globe)
- Heathrow Airport closed to most European flights as a result on bans on flights of three hours or less. Congestion builds due to ban most types of hand luggage. (New York Times)
- Intelligence officials claim that the suspects were intending to hold a dry run within the next 2 days with the actual attack to be held within 10 days. (KSLA News)
- United States President George W. Bush said the plot was ampquota stark reminder that this nation is at war with Islamic fascists who will use any means to destroy those of us who love freedom, to hurt our nationampquot drawing condemnation from the Council on American-Islamic Relations and the Muslim Public Affairs Council who discourage the use of term 'Islamo-fascism.' (Red Orbit)
- Hugo Chávez states that Fidel Castro is in a ampquotgreat battle for lifeampquot but expresses optimism about his recovery. (USA Today)
- In Marietta, Ohio, United States two men were arrested on money laundering in support of terrorism. They were found with lists of travelers on airplanes and information on airport security checkpoints. (Associated Press)
- More than 1.5 million Chinese evacuate while Super Typhoon Saomai, the strongest to land in China in 50 years, makes landfall in Wenzhou, Zhejiang. (Houston Chronicle)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?