Thursday 10 December 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1936 ?
- Howard Smith: American journalist director and producer (d. 2014).
- Luigi Pirandello: Italian writer with a keen awareness of the frustration and conflicts of values.
- England replaces King Edward VIII stamp series with King George VI
- King Edward VIII abdicates throne to marry Mrs Wallis Simpson
- Stockholm: physicist PBJ Debije receives Nobel Prize for chemistry.
- Abdication Crisis: Edward VIII signs the Instrument of Abdication.
- The British Parliament passes His Majesty's Declaration of Abdication Act 1936 on behalf of the UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- The King performs his last act as sovereign by giving royal assent to the Act.
- Xi'an Incident: Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek of the Republic of China is kidnapped by Zhang Xueliang.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pennies from Heaven - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 December 1936 and get them!