Thursday 10 December 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Smith .
Camille, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Sea Stories.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1936 ?
- Howard Smith: American journalist director and producer (d. 2014).
- Luigi Pirandello: Italian writer with a keen awareness of the frustration and conflicts of values.
- England replaces King Edward VIII stamp series with King George VI
- King Edward VIII abdicates throne to marry Mrs Wallis Simpson
- Stockholm: physicist PBJ Debije receives Nobel Prize for chemistry.
- Abdication Crisis: Edward VIII signs the Instrument of Abdication.
- The British Parliament passes His Majesty's Declaration of Abdication Act 1936 on behalf of the UK, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- The King performs his last act as sovereign by giving royal assent to the Act.
- Xi'an Incident: Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek of the Republic of China is kidnapped by Zhang Xueliang.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Pennies from Heaven - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?