Wednesday 10 December 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to To Know Him, Is To Love Him by The Teddy Bears.
In UK Hoots Mon by Lord Rockingham's XI was in the top 5 hits.
A Night to Remember, directed by Roy Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1958 ?
- John J York in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Mac Scorpio - General Hospital).
- Tara Sutphen: American mystic, a natural occultist with an affinity for the psychic sciences.
- Helen DeMacque: English singer (Pepsi & Shirlie).
- Kathryn Stott: English pianist and academic.
- Eva Robin's: Italian actress and model.
- John York: American actor
- Cornelia Funke: Novelist
- Pepsi Demacque: aka Helen -Crockett English singer
- 1st domestic (NY-Miami) passenger jet flight-National 707 flew 111
- University of Pittsburgh agrees to buy Forbes Field from the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- First domestic (New York-Miami) passenger jet flight-National 707 flies 111 passengers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Elvis Presley - I Got Stung
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?