Saturday 10 December 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Assenmacher in Detroit and Paul Assenmacher.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Cinderfella, directed by Frank Tashlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Cheaters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1960 ?
- Paul Assenmacher in Detroit: Michigan, USA; pitcher (Cleveland Indians).
- Paul Assenmacher: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher for the Atlanta Braves.
- Kenneth Branagh: British actor and director who is often compared with Orson Welles and Laurence Olivier as a towering talent.
- Kōichi Satō: Japanese actor.
- Michael Schoeffling: American model and actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?