Saturday 10 December 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Are You Lonesome To-Night? by Elvis Presley.
In UK It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Cinderfella, directed by Frank Tashlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1960 ?
- Kenneth Branagh: British actor and director who is often compared with Orson Welles and Laurence Olivier as a towering talent.
- Kōichi Satō: Japanese actor.
- Michael Schoeffling: American model and actor.
- Paul Assenmacher in Detroit: Michigan, USA; pitcher (Cleveland Indians).
- Paul Assenmacher: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher for the Atlanta Braves.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- Maurice Williams & The Zodiacs - Stay
- Floyd Cramer - Last Date
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Kathy Young - A Thousand Stars
- Johnny Horton - North To Alaska
- Sailor (Your Home Is The Sea) - Lolita
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Let's Go, Let's Go, Let's Go
- U.S. Bonds - New Orleans
- Jerry Butler - He Will Break Your Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 December 1960 and get them!