Tuesday 10 December 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Candy, directed by Christian Marquand, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1968 ?
- Rob Davis: NFL guard (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Yōko Oginome: Japanese singer actress and voice actress.
- Karl Barth: Swiss theologian, the assistant pastor in Geneva in 1909.
- Thomas Merton: French-American writer, poet, monk, mystic and social critic who inspired and touched many 20th century minds and hearts.
- George Forrest: Northern Irish politician (Born 1921).
- Patsy Moran: Actress (Children of the Wild), dies at 65.
- Joe Frazier beats Oscar Bonavena in 15 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.
- Japan's biggest heist, the still-unsolved ''300 million yen robbery'', is carried out in Tokyo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?