Monday 10 December 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Babe by Styx.
In UK Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was in the top 5 hits.
The Jerk, directed by Carl Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Triple by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1979!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1979 ?
- Matt Bentley: American professional wrestler.
- Iain Brunnschweiler: English cricketer.
- Tora Augestad: Norwegian singer and actor (Music for a While).
- Ann Dvorak: Actress (G Men, Life of Her Own, Scarface), dies at 67.
- Fulton J Sheen, archbishop/religious broadcaster (Life is Worth Living), dies from a heart attack in New York City, New York at age 84.
- Piet Dankert appointed as chairman of European Parliament.
- Kaohsiung Incident: Taiwanese pro-democracy demonstrations are suppressed by the KMT dictatorship, and organizers are arrested.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Styx - Babe
- Commodores - Still
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Barbra Streisand - No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)
- J.D. Souther - You're Only Lonely
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Eagles - Heartache Tonight
- Supertramp - Take The Long Way Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?