Thursday 10 December 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Over the Edge, directed by Jonathan Kaplan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1981!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1981 ?
- Taufik Batisah: Singaporean singer.
- Ryan Pini: Papua New Guinean swimmer.
- Fábio Rochemback: Brazilian footballer.
- Fabio Rochemback: Brazilian footballer.
- John Kieran: TV host (Information Please), dies at 89.
- During the Ministerial Session of the North Atlantic Council in Brussels, Spain signs the Protocol of Accession to NATO.
- Boxing: Muhammad Ali loses to Trevor Berbick this proved to be Ali's last-ever fight.
- El Mozote massacre: In El Salvador, army units kill 900 civilians.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- Commodores - Oh No
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 December 1981 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?