Sunday 10 December 2006
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taylor Dior and Talin Galloway.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Wanna Love You by Akon.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Eragon, directed by Stefen Fangmeier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Cross by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strutter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atsumare! Power Pro Kun no DS Koushien or Championship Manager 2007.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 10 December 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:10 December
- NASA space shuttle Discovery lifts off from the Kennedy Space Center on the first night launch since the 2003 loss of Columbia.
- Incumbent Igor Smirnov wins the presidential elections in the self-declared state of Transnistria. (DPA)
- Ex Chilean president Augusto Pinochet dies. (CNN)
- A video has emerged showing the current president of Croatia Stjepan Mesić praising the German puppet-state Independent State of Croatia during a speech in the early 1990s. (index.hr)
- According to results released by the Interior Ministry of Madagascar, a total of 61.45% of the country's registered 7.3 million voters went to the polling stations on December 3 and re-elected Marc Ravalomanana as President with 54.8% of the votes, Jean Lahiniriko and Roland Ratsiraka received 11.68% and 10.1%, respectively. (AP)
- Nobel Prizes: Bangladeshi economist Muhammad Yunus accepts the Peace Prize, urging world leaders to end terrorism by fighting poverty. (AP via The Guardian)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?