Thursday 10 December 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Avatar, directed by James Cameron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Under the Dome by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 10 December 2009 ?
- Josie Duggar: American child of noted family, she is the 19th baby born to Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar of the reality television show "18 and Counting.
- Vladimir Teplyakov: Russian physicist (Born 1925).
- The credit rating of Greece is downgraded, leading to increased pessimism regarding the Greek economy. (BBC)
- Pakistani officials arrest five US citizens wanted by the FBI on suspicion of terrorism. (BBC)
- Thousands of ampquotred shirtampquot anti-government protesters demonstrate in Bangkok, Thailand, calling for new elections. (Xinhua)
- In what has been described as a landmark case, the Supreme Court of Ireland rules that a gay man, identified as ampquotAampquot, who donated his sperm to a lesbian couple shall have access to the resulting boy child, overturning the original High Court decision. GLEN expresses concern at the Supreme Court's rejection of the lesbian couple as a ampquotde facto familyampquot. (BBC)
- It is revealed that Egypt is building an iron wall up to 100 feet deep along its border with Gaza. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- New 4,000-page Spanish grammar guidelines, produced by the Spanish Royal Academy and 21 organizations in Spanish-speaking countries, are unveiled. (AP)
- India announces it is to create a new state, Telangana, out of Andhra Pradesh, with some officials resigning in protest. (Reuters)
- 18 hostages are released after at least 65 people are kidnapped by gunmen in Agusan del Sur, Mindanao, the Philippines. (CNN)
- A failed launch of an intercontinental missile RSM-56 Bulava by Russia is reported to be the cause of the mysterious spiral light seen over Northern Norway yesterday. (ITAR-TASS)
- U.S. President Barack Obama accepts the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, Norway. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 December 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?