Sunday 10 February 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Canary Murder Case, directed by Malcolm St. Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1929!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1929 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Jim Whittacker: mountain climber (first American to climb Mount Everest).
- Henk Heidweiler: Surinam ambassador (in Netherlands).
- Bertrand Poirot-Delpech: French journalist, essayist and novelist.
- Jim Whittaker: American mountaineer.
- Lou Whittaker: American mountaineer.
- Joy Baker: American noted family, the only child of Senator Everett Dirksen, who served as the Majority Leader for years. She also was the wife of Senator Howard Baker; they were married on 12/22/1951. An alcoholic, the death of her dad in the fall of 1969 precipitated severely heavy drinking. Baker was passed over by President Ford as a running mate due to her drinking problem. In and out of clinics for years, she was once in a hospital for eight months. She went to psychiatrists and AA, which helped her
- Hallgeir Brenden: Norway -- 15K / 18K cross country (1952, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Jerry Goldsmith: American composer; primarily of musical scores and themes for movies and TV shows, but also of orchestral pieces. Goldsmith from time to time conducted symphony orchestras around the world, including the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in London. In addition to composing and conducting, he taught music composition at the University of Southern California.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?