Friday 10 February 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Mystery of the Wax Museum, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1933 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Jay Levinson: American educator and author (d. 2013).
- Richard Schickel: American journalist author and critic.
- Faramarz Payvar: Iranian santur player and composer (d. 2009).
- Dutch seaplane bombs Dutch ship
- Hitler proclaims end of Marxism
- Mutiny on 7 Provinces ends (began February 4th), 23 killed
- Delivery of first singing telegram (Postal Telegram Company, New York City).
- -54 degrees F (-48 degrees C), Seneca, Oregon (state record low).
- In round 13 of a boxing match at New York City's Madison Square Garden, Primo Carnera knocks out Ernie Schaaf, killing him.
- The New York City-based Postal Telegraph Company introduces the first singing telegram.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?