Saturday 10 February 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Chump at Oxford, directed by Alfred Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1940 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdullah Al ash-Sheikh: Saudi Arabian scholar and academic 4th Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia.
- Mary Rand: British athlete, former world record holder in the long jump.
- Kenny Rankin: American singer-songwriter (d. 2009).
- Hamish Imlach: Folk singer / comic.
- Mary Rand-Bignal-Toomey: England, United Kingdom -- Long jumper (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- In The Mood by Glenn Miller hits #1
- Tom and Jerry created by Hanna and Barbera debut by MGM
- MGM debuts animated cat and mouse characters "Tom and Jerry", created by Hanna and Barbera.
- US male Figure Skating championship won by Eugene Turner.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?