Thursday 10 February 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Lavender and Maxime Le Forestier.
Caught, directed by Max Opuls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Time for Beany.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1949!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1949 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Joe Lavender: NFL Player.
- Maxime Le Forestier: French singer and songwriter, his most known song is called "San Francisco", recorded in 1971:.
- Jim Corcoran: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Nigel Olsson: English drummer songwriter and producer (The Spencer Davis Group and Plastic Penny).
- Harold Sylvester: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Arthur Miller's play a Salesman opens at Morosco Theater, New York City.
- ''Death of a Salesman'' opens in the Morosco Theatre and runs for 742 performances.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Careless Hands - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?