Friday 10 February 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stromboli, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1950 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Mark Spitz in Modesto: California, USA; swimmer (Olympics - 9 gold/silver/bronze - 1968, 1972).
- Gail Rebuck: CEO (Random House).
- Mark Spitz: American professional swimmer who, at the age of two, learned to swim when his family moved to Hawaii.
- Luis Colosio: Mexican politician, the campaign manager for President Carlos Salinas de Gortari in 1988.
- Mike Rutherford: Rocker (Genesis-Against All Odds, Mike & Mechanics).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Teresa Brewer - (Put Another Nickel In) Music! Music! Music!
- It Isn't Fair - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Bing Crosby - Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy
- Rag Mop - Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra
- Johnnie Lee Wills - Rag Mop
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 February 1950 and get them!