Wednesday 10 February 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1954 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Larry McWilliams: American baseball player.
- Eisenhower warns against US intervention in Vietnam
- Ice Dance Championship at Oslo won by Jean Westwood/Lawrence Demmy (Great Britain).
- Ice Pairs Championship at Oslo won by Frances Dafoe/Norris Bowden (Canada).
- Ladies Figure Skating Championship in Oslo won by Gundi Busch (Germany).
- President Dwight Eisenhower warns against United States intervention in Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?