Tuesday 10 February 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK One Night / I Got Stung by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
House on Haunted Hill, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1959!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1959 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Tonga [Uliuli Fifita]: Wrestler (WCW / WAR / WWF, Ming, Haku, Islanders).
- Dennis Gentry: American football player.
- Lisa McPherson: American Scientologist (d. 1995).
- John Calipari: American basketball head coach, Nets.
- Dutch Princess Wilhelmina publishes Lonely, but not alone
- Tornado in Saint Louis kills 19 and injures 265.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
- Reg Owen and His Orchestra - Manhattan Spiritual
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?