Wednesday 10 February 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lionel Cartwright and Robert Addie.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Teen Angel by Mark Dinning.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Somerset Maugham Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1960 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Lionel Cartwright: Ohio, United States -- Country vocalist (I Watched it on the Radio).
- Robert Addie: British actor (d. 2003).
- Pearl Means: American Navajo Indian and social activist, active in teaching the women of the reservations about nutrition, especially in relation to the high level of diabetes in Native Americans.
- Jim Kent: American biologist computer programmer academic.
- Aloysius Stepinac: Croatian cardinal (Born 1898).
- Unsinkable Molly Brown closes at Winter Garden NYC after 532 performances
- A conference about the proposed independence of the Belgian Congo begins in Brussels, Belgium.
- The N class blimp ZPG-3W of the U.S. Navy is destroyed during a storm over Massachusetts.
- Twelve Indian soldiers die in clashes with Red Chinese troops along their small common border.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 February 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Dion and the Belmonts - Where Or When
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?