Monday 10 February 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fire Within, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1964!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1964 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Arthur Lenk: Israeli diplomat.
- Glenn Beck: American talk-show host, with ultra conservative political views and emotive, sometimes histrionic style.
- Victor Davis: Canadian swimmer (Born 1964).
- Francesca Neri: Trento, Italy -- Actress (Ages of Lulu).
- Sam Graddy in Gaffney: South Carolina, USA; 4x100 metre runner (Olympics-gold-1984).
- Mir Aimal Kansi in Quetta: Pakistan; murderer (FBI Most Wanted).
- Roger Reijners: soccer player (MVV).
- Eugen Sanger: Austrian aerospace engineer (Born 1905).
- Australian destroyer Voyager sinks in collision, killing 82
- Destroyer Voyager sinks off Australia after colliding with aircraft carrier Melbourne
- WBGU TV channel 27 in Bowling Green, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Melbourne-Voyager collision: The aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne collides with the destroyer HMAS Voyager off the south coast of New South Wales, Australia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Rick Nelson - For You
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- The Tams - What Kind Of Fool (Do You Think I Am)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?