Wednesday 10 February 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Could've Been by Tiffany.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Hairspray, directed by John Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1988 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Jade Ramsey: TV Actress.
- Daniil Ratnikov: Estonian footballer.
- Olga Zadvornova: Latvian figure skater.
- Three-judge panel of 9th US Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, California strikes down Army's ban on homosexuals (later overturned by appeal).
- Rocky Malebane-Metsing coup in Bophuthatswana fails.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?