Wednesday 10 February 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 10 February 2010 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 February
- Charles Nesbitt Wilson, US Democratic congressman for Texas (1973-96), dies at age 76 of cardiopulmonary arrest in Texas; for 24 years Wilson supported sending weapons and money to Afghanistan in the 1980s versus the Soviet Union.
- Hundreds of Somali citizens flee the capital Mogadishu as hundreds of insurgents enter the city ahead of a government announcement of an offensive against them. (News24.com)
- Frank Bainimarama, leader of the 2006 Fijian coup and current Prime Minister of Fiji, announces that he will retire in 2014. The report is denied by Fiji's Permanent Secretary for Information. (RNZI)
- The Court of Appeal of England and Wales rules that open air funeral pyres can be accommodated under the 1902 Cremation Act as amended. (BBC)
- A 3.8-magnitude earthquake strikes near Chicago, United States. No reports of major damage. (CNN)
- Officials in Haiti state that at least 230,000 people died in the 2010 Haiti earthquake, but that number may yet grow, approaching the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake as the deadliest natural disaster of the 21st century thus far. (BBC)
- Vice President Goodluck Jonathan is appointed acting President of Nigeria in place of Umaru Yar'Adua. (BBC)
- Nationwide strikes led by Communist and Socialist parties take place in Greece to protest the government's handing of the country's debt. Most of the country was brought to a standstill as factories, schools, airports and hospitals closed down or reduced capacity (Al Jazeera)
- Prominent Uzbek photographer Umida Akhmedova is found guilty on charges of ampquotslandering the nationampquot in her work, but is immediately pardoned under an amnesty. (''The Moscow Times'')
- Afghan officials report that at least 150 bodies were pulled from vehicles buried by avalanches in the Salang Pass in the Hindu Kush mountains earlier this week. (UPI.com)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 February 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?